Fleetwood Mac at Wembley Stadium - a positive review
I was lucky enough to see Fleetwood Mac last Tuesday. And because my wonderful wife bought the tickets, I feel duty bound not to complain. So in a change from my usual grouchy self, here are the positives from Tuesday's gig:
• Mick Fleetwood's still an absolute joy to watch behind the kit - absolute nutcase, and a very interesting player
• New guitarist Mike Campbell didn't do a bad job at all
• Christine McVie, Lindsay Buckingham, and Peter Green have all written some absolutely tremendous songs
• Ricky Peterson was on auxiliary keyboards, which was a pleasant surprise for a Prince geek such as myself
• We got parked really close to the stadium, and reasonably cheaply too!
So... make of that what you will. Were you there too? Did you enjoy it? Or did you feel like you were seeing them 40 or 50 years too late?